POONARC: A Page Out Of Order: Not About Romanian Cinema
From the ongoing dance/installation series A Page Out of Order (2001-2011)
CONCEPT, DESIGN, CHOREOGRAPHY AND DIRECTION: Yoshiko Chuma
CREATIVE TEAM: Jacob Burckhardt, Ursula Eagly, Theo Herghelegiu, Kyoko Hirano, Jake Margolin, Rie Ono, Nick Vaughan, Ryuji Yamaguchi, Ioana Braşovean
DANCERS/ACTORS: Yoshiko Chuma, Sorin Calotă, Andreea Duţă, Ursula Eagly, Theo Herghelegiu, Kristine Lee, Jake Margolin, István Téglás
COMPOSITION/VOICE/MUSIC: Sizzle Ohtaka, Koichi Makigami, Hiromu Motonaga, Tcha Limberger
CUBE CONCEPT AND DESIGN: Ralph Lee
Stuff and Dough (2001) by Cristi Puiu; 12:08 East of Bucharest (2006) by Corneliu Porumboiu; Variations VII by John Cage: E.A.T. - 9 Evenings: Theatre Engineering (1966) produced by Julie Martin & Billy Klüver and directed by Barbro Schultz Lundestam; Before the Rain (1995) by Milcho Manchevski; Default Averted (1975) by Rudy Burckhardt; Eesti, Waveves, Desert (2000-2006) by Jacob Burckhardt; Beach, Hand, Eye, Tears (2005) by Hiroki Oishi; Up and Down the Waterfront (1946) by Rudy Burckhardt
All films are used with generous permission from the filmmakers.
LIGHTING DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY: Rie Ono
SOUND DESIGN: Jacob Burckhardt, Soichiro Migita
SCENIC & COSTUME DESIGN: Nick Vaughan
MULTI-SCREEN CHOREOGRAPHIC DESIGN: Yoshiko Chuma
MEDIA EDITORS: Jacob Burckhardt, Ioan Virág, Hiroki Oishi, Dave Thoudam
ROOT CULTURE CREATIVE TEAM KAMAKURA: Nobuko Higuchi, Kohji Setoh, Gen Nagashima, Kohtaroh Inoue, Yuuki Sawada.
Production Manager: Marnie Cumings
Production assistant: Csaba Bartos
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Bonnie Sue Stein/GOH Productions
ARTISTIC ADVISOR: Victor Scoradeţ
The creation of POONARC: A Page Out of Order: Not about Romanian Cinema was made possible in part by
• the Danspace Project 2008-2009 Commissioning Initiative, with support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Participation of US artists in Romania is supported by
• Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation through USArtists International with support from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and the Trust for Mutual Understanding.
POONARC was created, in part, while in residence at
• Morishita Studio, Tokyo with support from Saison Foundation (Japan)
• Kaatsbaan International Dance Center in partnership with Danspace Project's Creative Residency Program, supported by the New York State Council on the Arts (USA)
• Casa de Cultură a Municipiului Arad (Romania).
Supported by Japan Foundation.